Pages

Thursday 28 July 2011

It's my birthday and the sun has shone ....

The first things my eye focused on (I can only manage one eye when I first wake up) this morning was my son, sporting his his new superhero vest, into which he tucked a red polyester cape.  The red bandana he squeezed so tightly around his forehead made his hair stick out the top of his head like a pineapple.

I let out a soft groan.  "Happy Birthday" chimed Hub.  I groaned more deeply.

Presents followed.  Check out the necklace my boy got me!  He didn't choose it but instructed daddy to fetch a necklace with a love heart on it (I like love hearts)!  Bless him for noticing x

The infamous gift from Hub was presented, in a silver bag.  I held my breath.  Previous presents have ranged from coasters featuring Pit Bull Terriers, a weird wooden trinket box with fetching duck and fishing pole atop and a one night stay in St Ives which involved 14 hours in the car for 12 hours out of the car ..  Anyway, I'd requested a night in Paris, so hopes were high.  He hasn't done badly, a night at The Goodwood Hotel!!!  Not quite Paris, but looks fantastic and at least the journey shouldn't take 2 days x

Hub was then despatched to work, Son and Pooch to parents and off I skipped to something I'd been very much looking forward to.  A photoshoot I was helping Jayne Sacco of Sacco and Sacco Photography with.  Photographing all the pretty things from CocoRose's shop, in Rowlands Road, Worthing.  Check it out if you haven't been, some really fantastic vintage lovelies to be had.



I so enjoyed it.  Surrounded by sparkly things, faded hydrangeas, vintage tea sets, crystal glasswear, lace tablecloths, French linen and just about everything I love to look at.  I learnt so much from watching Jayne at work and it's always lovely to find someone who loves all the same things as you!

AAAhhhhh, it's been a good one and now have a night with the girlies to look forward to. Happy days and the sun is shining on my birthday, as it always does!

Thank you for all my lovely birthday wishes peeps.  xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment